BBQ - Ribs and Pierogi Casserole
Italian - Lasagna and Salad
Mexican - Chicken nachos and Guacamole
So it might not sound that impressive BUT my ribs are pretty popular if I do say so myself. and every time I make the pierogi casserole I get tons of requests for the recipe which is understandable because it's my own creation.
As for the Mexican theme... My chicken nachos are about as popular as my ribs. They are pretty tasty. Oh, and my guac is fresh so it's always a hit. Honestly there's nothing better than fresh, homemade Guac!!
And the lasagna? I make the noodles and the sauce from scratch. And the salad? It's awesome.... It's called an Oscar Salad. It has spring mix greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, paper thin sliced purple onion, feta cheese, blackberries, and glazed walnuts. Oh, and raspberry vinaigrette is a must for the dressing.
We had veggies and dip. Fruit. Cheese and crackers.
Two weeks later we repeated it for my coworkers. Fun times.
Okay. I'm bragging. Sorry. Both parties were just so much fun and anyone who knows me knows that I love to spend time in the kitchen. Might explain why I used to weigh over 300 pounds. LOL
And all our friends were pretty impressed with our Perfect Drink app controlled cocktail mixer. I know of at least two people who have since bought their own and I myself am ready to upgrade to the wireless blue tooth newer model. If you don't know what it is, go to Amazon and search for "Perfect Drink." It's a scale. You connect a device to it and pick a recipe. It tells you what to pour, when to stop, stir, shake, blend, whatever. And if you screw up and over pour? It just adjusts the recipe to keep it perfect. The strawberry Daiquiris we were pumping out were pretty awesome!!
While you're at Amazon checking that out, be sure to check out Ami's Courage if you haven't already. I was kind of bummed recently when someone gave it a bad review by saying they just couldn't get into it. If that was you do me one favor, force yourself to keep reading and finish it. I take it that person just gave up on it. They commented that there was no dialogue but in all fairness, there isn't at the beginning. The first chapter is all about Ami. She's alone and then chapter two is about her love who is also alone. It gets better as you go, I promise.
If anyone out there has read the book and enjoyed it, feel free to leave a review or comment on that bad review it got. And okay, if you didn't like it you can review it too. I have made up my mind to not take that personally. The thing is, if it's not your genre, then of course it will be a crappy read, but if it is your genre then all comments - both positive and negative - are welcome.
So go. Buy it. Read it. Review it.
And thanks for stopping by here today!!
I think I wrote a review but I'll check. If not, I will
ReplyDeleteI'd love the perogi casserole recipe.
Thanks!!!! And here's that recipe:
DeletePierogi Casserole
2 sticks butter
1 or 2 sliced onions
8 oz Mrs. Weiss Kluski Noodles, cooked and drained
12 servings instant mashed potatoes prepared according to box
2 cups cheddar cheese
Sauté onions and butter until onions are translucent or even a bit brown if you like. Cook and drain noodles. Mix onions, butter, and noodles together in 9X13 baking dish. Spread prepared potatoes over noodle mixture. Top with cheddar cheese. Cover and bake 45 minutes at 375 until hot, bubble, and yummy.
As usual I don't want your receipt, I just want you to come make it for me, especially the ribs. Does sound like you had some parties.
ReplyDeleteBTW, 'I couldn't get into it' is not exactly a bad review. It's an opinion. They didn't say the book was bad. I've left my review and I really liked the book. Now how about reviewing any of mine you've read.
Brag away...just be prepared to set another place at the table because I am coming over!!! :-) Sounds delicious! :-) Hugs
ReplyDeleteI would love to try your pierogi casserole recipe.
ReplyDelete